Thursday, April 26, 2012

An Unexpected Tribute


I know this is cliche, but OMG, I've been awarded at Liebster Blog Award!  Thank you Carol of Quilting in India for the presentation.

I must admit that I had never heard of this award before and I was somewhat skeptical.  I thought I'd "google" the award and see what I could find out.

I tried to find the origins of the Liebster Blog Award, but I wasn't successful.  However, I did discover that it most likely originated in Germay because "liebster" means "dearest" or "favourite" in German.  I also found out that the award is usually presented to smaller blogs as a form of recognition and support.  "Smaller blog"  is defined as a blog with fewer than 200 followers.  As a recipient you are to:
  • Thank the person that nominated you and link back to them.
  • Present the award to five other blogs
  • Let them know by commenting on their blog
  • Post the award on your blog
So thank you Carol for thinking my blog noteworthy and up and coming.

Now it's up to me to pass the Liebster on to five other bloggers whose work I find inspiring and appreciate.  Here are the ones that I would like to spotlight and show appreciation to:
  1. Janet at What Comes Next?
  2. Booilley
  3. Lindy at Art from the Heart
  4. Vicki at Fibre Art
  5. Carla at Grace and Favour
These bloggers deserve a visit!  Go check them out!

4 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Thank you very much for the award. I now have a bit of homework to do, but shall pass it on as soon as I can tomorrow. I've just got home and it's very late

What Comes Next? said...

and I thank you as well! Like Vicki, I will pass it along shortly!

Carol said...

You're very welcome and Congratulations again! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Renate for awarding my blog www.booilley.blogspot.com with the Liebster Award! I haven't forgotten and when I have opportunity I will be posting and re-awarding same to some fave blogs. Thank you so very again. I ADORE your blog and your talent. Will be creeping on here for a long time! Thanx for the inspiration! Let's stay in touch! Keitha