Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trunk Show Tuesday #7

July 1994 saw the completion of my first “progressive” quilt, Reef Seas.  Organized into several groups of 4 members each, my group consisted of Linda from California, Kathy from Nebraska, Lynn from Florida, and myself. 

The progressive began in January 1994 and was based on a book by Judy Hopkins of Alaska entitled “One of a Kind Quilts”.  Based on a  6 by 8 grid of 4-inch pieced squares, we were to create our “theme” blocks.  It was interesting to see what the result was when the various 4” blocks made by others in the group came back to me.


The picture shows the 4-inch blocks prior to being stitched into a wall hanging.  When it was completed I decided to do another appliqué piece for the back of the quilt, thus making it reversible.  I hand quilted it and added beading to the front to give the appearance of the fish blowing bubbles.  My sister always admired this quilt.  She now has it. 

I apologize for not being able to provide a picture of the completed piece.  perhaps the next time I visit my sister who lives a distance from me, I will take a picture and post it.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

What a lovely quilt! And a nice shared project. So nice to work with others, even from afar!

Lisa said...

looks very ocean like from afar!