Tuesday, April 24, 2012

TST #8 - A Mystery


It’s a Mystery to Me  Completed January 2007

In August, 1993 Kim from Wisconsin decided to organize and coordinate a Mystery Quilt on CIS.  I followed along each month using a combination of fabric I purchased (black and white) and charm squares I had collected from the various members on the CIS Quilting Forum.  It sat for a long time as a completed top until one day I decided it was time to finish some of the various UFOs I had amassed.  Connie a friend from my quilt guild had just recently acquired a long-arm so she machine quilted it for me.  I have kept the instructions, should I ever want to make another quilt similar to this one.

4 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I like this one Brigitte - B&W are always a good starting point in my mind, and with the scrappy it makes for a lot of movement. It is an interesting pattern that I've not seen before.

dutchcomfort said...

Love the scrappy look and the bold black and white. A quilt to my heart!

MaryBeth said...

I just love your quilt. I don't suppose you'd consider sharing the instructions?

Carol said...

Hey Renate.
I'd like to present you with the Leibster Blog Award - The Liebster Blog award is presented to blogs that the presenter believes should be recognized. It is given to "small blogs" - those with fewer than 200 followers. You might have heard of it ... but if you haven't do stop by my blog and check it out. quiltinginindia.blogspot.com
Congratulations!