Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Took a little trip

I've been away to Asilomar for the Empty Spools seminars.  Oh what a wonderful experience.  To be able to sit with one teacher for five days was delicious.  I took a class with Melinda Bula who is an excellent teacher that encourages her students and presents her material in a very enthusiastic manner.  if you get a chance, you gotta take a class with her.

Here are some pictures of the area vegetation.
 





 And here are some of the vistas that we were able to take in while at Asilomar.
 




I'd show you pictures of some of the work done in the class, except that I haven't yet received permission to post the pictures.  When and if I do, I will post them.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Sounds like a wonderful experience and those vistas are gorgeous!

Peggy said...

Wow - if the view wasn't enough, to be able to learn about quilting on top of that! Fabulous!

What Comes Next? said...

I am oh so jealous! Next year...