Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prepping for a show

Last year I submitted a quilt to a judged show called Quilting in the Mountains.  It was held at Sun Peaks Resort and provided a venue for apprentice judges to achieve their certification.  Here in British Columbia most quilt shows are hosted by Guilds and as such are not judged or juried.  The judge's critique was positive and provided some very helpful suggestions.  It was an enlightening experience. 
Anyway let me cut to the chase.  This year is the 8th Annual Quilting in the Mountains and I've decided to submit several of my quilts this time.  Yup the fear of entering a judged show has dissipated.  One of the quilts I've registered is the result of a workshop I took with Ionne McCauley.  It was her Sliced Circles workshop.  I've called my quilt Once in a Blue Moon.

3 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

I like the colours and balance in this one. Good luck with getting them all finished up, and safe travels this weekend.

beaquilter said...

good luck in the show! it's intimidating, but well worth the feedback and you NEVER know, you might end up with a ribbon!!

Peggy said...

Good for you! Just taking the challenge is a great step! You'd deserve a ribbon! Love your moons!