Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fun with Margaret

Two weekends ago our guild sponsored a workshop with Margaret Miller of "Angle Play" fame.  What a fun two sessions those were.  Margaret's enthusiasm for individual creativity was contagious.

After selecting our fabrics, some gnashing of teeth and discovering that cutting things on an angle helps with creating motion, I mounted my 6-inch blocks on the wall and started to play.
These are what Margaret called "A" blocks.  Hey! I just go with the flow.  So I played some more.
These are the same blocks, just moved around differently.  Funny thing though...while we cut the pieces for these blocks, we also cut the pieces for mirror image blocks.  We didn't have time to sew those in class, so I took them home, sewed them together and added them to my design wall.  I'm still playing...
Nah...mix up the blocks and come up with somthing else.  How about this?
I'm going to play some more before I sew these all together.  I might even add some more blocks.

Then we added angles to some pieced blocks.  So then I played some more.

But I want more than just a table runner or bed scarf.  So move them around again and come up with...
Not sure where I'm going to go with this.  Any suggestions?

4 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I would call this the architecture of a quilt! So fun to see the different options!

Peggy said...

Hmmm....no suggestions, but looks like you're having fun, and there's lots of scope for all kinds of things. Looking great!

Lisa said...

That is amazing! So many possibilities!

What Comes Next? said...

looks like it was a lot of fun! I love blocks where you have so many different looks depending on the layout.