The pattern had come from an out of print arts and crafts magazine. It was challenging to work with the fabrics initially used because they were not the quilting cottons ordinarily used in making quilts. I chose to use the ‘Attic Windows” setting for the blocks. I think it turned out quit nicely.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
TST #20 - Sailboats
I wanted to give a special gift to my sister, but what to come up with. I had little money and thought a hand made gift would be from the heart. While searching through our family sewing room, I came across some partially completed quilt blocks, some extra fabric and a pattern that my sister had started some years ago, but never quite finished. Eureka! I found my answer. I finished the remainder of the blocks, made some extras so that the quilt would be bed-sized, and sewed on a label in time to present it to her on Christmas Eve 1998.