Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Trunk Show Tuesday #2

My fourth attempt at producing a quilted item resulted in what you see here. 
I got tired of seeing my sister use leftover Christmas wrapping paper for a tree skirt, so I made this one for her and presented it to her for Christmas 1993.  Four blocks were a pattern called “Dutchman’s Puzzle” but the remaining two were of my own design so that I could use up the rest of the fabric.  The pattern for the tree skirt came from a magazine, Quilting Today, issue 33 (Dec. 92).  I got "daring"; all those points for the first time.  I had taken a class and practiced my hand quilting stitch.  No more tying for me.  Mind you I did not make a good choice for thread.   It was a gold metallic DMC thread; not the easiest to quilt with.  Here is a detail picture.
I must apologize for the quality of the pictures.  They were taken long before digital cameras were available.



3 comments:

Peggy said...

Beauty - I've been looking for a pattern to make a couple of tree skirts. What size are those blocks? I might be able to draft one up!

What Comes Next? said...

what a beautiful tree skirt - wonderful fourth project!

Vicki Miller said...

I think that your sister must treasure this. It was an ambitous fourth project, but you did an excellent job.