Wednesday, July 30, 2014

This and that

Ever wonder what to do with those FMQ practice sandwiches that you have piling up in the corner?  I had a number of them,
so I finished them off with some left over binding, and took them to my local SPCA.  They can be used for mats in the cages, and the staff there was so very grateful.

My Guild is having a quilt show in October and along with it will also be having a boutique of items made and donated by our members.  I've made one item thus far, an apron from batik strips.

You could probably create two of these from a jelly roll.  Isn't it cute?  I've also set aside scraps that will soon become tiny "carry alls" and trivets to set inside pans to avoid scratching the coatings.

Well I'm off to continue work on my Tangled Textiles challenge; reveal day is less than a month away.  Oh yes and then there is more Superior University projects to do.

Till the next time, keep those machines humming!

3 comments:

JB said...

What a good use of fabric scraps. It should be a winner at the boutique.

Peggy said...

That is a cute apron. What a good idea

Gina said...

I love what you did with your free motion pieces! And your apron is wonderful.