Friday, August 12, 2011

It's been a while

Yes, yes I know...I haven't posted in a while.  Earning a living has a way of sometimes getting in the way of creating.  However, as busy as it has been, I have had a chance to play a bit.  I thought I would start doing samples for techniques similar to what my friend Vicki has been doing on her blog.  I've been trying some things with Angelina fibres and film.  I wanted to see if I would be able to incorporate it in the challenge piece I am completing for my Tangled Textiles group. 

Here I just grabbed a clump of Angelina fibre and pressed it between two sheets of parchment paper.  I wanted it to look like water flowing down the side of an object, so I cut an edge to give it sufficient contour.  It was close to what I wanted.  If I used less fibre what would it give me?  A representation of spray?

This time I used a very small amount of Angelina and pulled it thinly apart.  This was not quite what I had in mind, but maybe if I add some beading for water droplets, it might help.

What if I used Angelina Film instead to represent water? 

I loosely crinkled the film, pressed it between two sheets of parchment paper, cut a shape and decided that this was not what I was looking for.  What if I really mashed the film?

A bit better, but still not what I was looking for.  This might look good for creating an ice cube or iceberg. Oh well back to the drawing board.  I need to hurry up and narrow this down.  The challenge reveal is in 6 days and counting.

3 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks for sharing Brigitte! Love your experiments and the colours are wonderful!

What Comes Next? said...

work is just so annoying - taking away from creating times. However, it does let us continue to buy all the fun stuff we need to play! Love your Angelina samples - the first does look like water flowing, and I definitely can see the film being used in an iceberg! Such fun! Good luck getting your challenge piece done!

JB said...

It looks like you are having fun in spite of work!! Good for you. Thanks for sharing your experiments.