Monday, July 6, 2015

Who knew

that anyone could have a miniature Bernina?  Don't believe me?  Go have a look here; you'll have to scroll down a bit.  Just had to share this little tidbit.  I discovered it while researching the value of older series Berninas.

I've recently been playing around with fabric paints and dyes just to keep the creative urge satisfied.  I decided to do some stamping on old handkerchiefs.  Here are close ups of some of the results.
 This one was done with a potato masher and the end of a thread spool;
 this one with a cross cut of a snail shell and the edge of scallop shell;
and this one with the end of a thread spool and electric plug.  Click on the pictures for a closer look.

Some dye that had been sitting in the spare fridge in the basement came along with me to a dyeing session with one of my art groups.  Here are the results of that playing.
 The yellows went from very vibrant to a very pale.
 The one on the left was wrapped around a small pvc pipe and "scrunched".  That scrunching acted as a resist.  I'll overdye that one I think.
This one was my favorite; all that mottling.  It was created by loosely wrapping the fabric with elastic bands. The wind was blowing that day so it was hard to get pictures.There were some very interesting results.  I'll have to give this a try again.

Till the next time, thanks for visiting.

No comments: