Wednesday, March 25, 2015

First Attempt

I recently joined a group that is challenging itself with creating pieces with a modern aesthetic.  My first attempt is yet to be finished.


As you can see from the following detail shots (sorry for the blurry edges) it is in the stages of quilting at the moment.

At the end of that first meeting we were given three strips of fabric; a black, dark grey and light grey, and told to produce something.  We could add additional fabric.  Here is what I came up with.


and the detail.


It's hard to see by you can just barely make out that the binding on this one uses the same fabric as the circles and is placed on alternate corners.

Because I can't seem to stop at just one I've started another one.


Now I just have to figure out what kind of quilting I want to attempt in the negative space.  Straight line, boxes, greek key?  what do you think?


1 comment:

What Comes Next? said...

these are all great Brigitte! So much negative space to play in, although modern also leans to lots of straightline quilting, too!