I started off a bit slowly, some would say hesitantly (is there such a word?). Anyway before I know it I was having so much fun that I lost track of time. We all used so much paint that we had to place an emergency order to Dharma Trading.
Here are some of the pieces that I painted. This is the first one included a wash of paint and some silk screens. Don't know if you can see it, but I also used an unusually shaped potato masher (those are the circular markings).
This next picture is of the piece of fabric that I had underneath the first one. It initially only had the blue wash on it. I added some additional silk screens and also stamps.
Now with a bit more confidence with the technique, I created the next piece. A bit lighter on the background blue wash, a larger number of the silk screen prints and a few prints with the potato masher
Then I changed up on the background colour and borrowed a different silk screen from a fellow student and came up with this piece. Oh yes, I also made good use of the cap from my water bottle.
Next came some discharging. I didn't know that discharge paste could create such an awful smell but for the result that I got, I'd hold my nose again in heartbeat. The result was well worth it. Check these out!
This black cotton discharged with screen prints and a potato masher.
This velvet discharged with a home made wooden square and wooden spool.
And there you have it! Lots of fun. Still deciding how I want to use these. Till the next time, keep creating.