Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sending comfort patches

A call from Beth over at Love, Laugh, Quilt sent out a call for quilt blocks for quilts for Japan to provide warmth and comfort.  I couldn't resist the chance to use up some of my scraps so this is what I did, and it only took about an hour.

 You can check out how many she has received so far here.    Our national quilting association also received a request from Naomi Ichikawa editor of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin for quilts.  It is heartwarming to see the help that quilters are so willing to offer.

Come to think of it, our local guild has some scraps that can also be put to good use....hmmm that gives me an idea.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

What Comes Next? said...

Those are great, and will be a good way to get through some of my satsh. Beth's getting a lot in, and they are looking good! These would make good leaders and enders as I work on other projects, too.

Renate said...

Thanks for the leaders and enders idea. Never thought of that.